Hailing from Sweden, the Surfy Industries Surfybear Compact is real spring reverb (as in, with actual springs inside) that recreates the classic reverb sound of the vintage amps from the ’60s.
The noteworthy thing about this pedal is that it lets you switch between two “analog presets”: the left footswitch gives you access to two different dry/wet settings. The DWELL knob sets the amount of effect, while the DECAY one lets you control the length of the “reverb tail.”
We had the privilege to shoot the Surfybear spring reverb at NAMM 2020 (see video at the bottom of the post). It’s also included in this video we shot about different reverb types.
Surfy Surfybear Compact, Builder’s Notes
We managed to make it smaller without compromising the sound: this is just the best reverb pedal you have ever tried!
Try it and discover why most surf guitarists and the truly reverb addicted are turning to SurfyBear.
- aluminium body in “pedalboard-friendly” size
- original Accutronics® type-8 spring reverb pan
- clean boost to adjust the volume when the effect is on
- dual mixer control to switch between two reverb settings
- decay control to adjust the length of the reverb tail
- true bypass functionality to keep your signal intact when the effect is off
HOW TO USE
Based on the controls of the original Fender® 6G15® we added a few more options.
the amount of effect
MIXER 1 / 2
the balance between “dry” and “wet” signals
how bright or dark the sound is
the length of the “reverb tail”
the level of the output signal