Few groups of humans are as passionate about throbbing as the lovers of the Uni-Vibe, one of the oldest modulation effects that graced the records of legendary psychedelic guitarists like David Gilmour and Jimi Hendrix.
It’s no surprise then that UK’s Pedal Pawn, makers of high-end hand-built pedals, describes its brand new Uni-Vibe clone as the one with the “deepest THROB in the ladyland.”
Enter the Gypsy Vibe, a very compact clone of the vintage Univox Uni-Vibe running at 18v and featuring hand-selected, hermetically sealed photocells, lightbulb lamp matched to original spec.
Fully hand soldered and hand-drilled, the pedal features the same controls as the original, including the Chorus/Vibrato switch, and a bigger speed knob that can be controlled with your foot.
As far as the depth of the “THROB” of the Pedal Pawn Gypsy Vibe, we will let you be the judge, from the videos below. We added it to our article about the Best Uni-Vibe Pedals.
The Pedal Pawn ® Gypsy Vibe™ has the thickest THROB we’ve ever heard! It can thump your amps speaker into a pulsing heartbeat. We’ve only ever heard this tone before on our magical vintage unit – in which we took major inspiration from. 3D swirl, magical colours, quite simply… the Psychedelic 60s in a box!
The Pedal Pawn ® Gypsy Vibe ™ features:
- Deepest THROB in the ladyland!
- Hand-selected hermetically sealed photocells
- Lightbulb lamp matched to original spec
- Handmade light shroud
- Jewel LED light w/ integrated pulsing Speed / Throb indication
- Handwired one at a time in the UK
- Hand drilled, powder coated & screen printed in the UK
- Chorus & Vibrato mode w/ hand painted vintage style switch
- Big speed knob – for easy acceleration with your foot
- True bypass switching
- Runs on 18VDC power supply w/ negative centre tip – not included (Dunlop ECB009G1 recommended).
**Please note, each pedal is completely built by hand from scratch, minor powder coating & screen printing blemishes may occur. We will endeavour to get each Gypsy Vibe pedal out within two weeks of order date.