Mooer got us used to tiiiiiny pedals, so the large stompbox called Ocean Machine stands out, to say the least, as an unexpected device from the Chinese manufacturer. The product is a collaborative effort with Canadian producer/guitarist Devin Townsend, and it has gathered a lot of fans since its launch The latest convert is Brett Kingman, who recently posted this video.
The Ocean Machine is a high fidelity professional Delay, Reverb and Looper unit which brings together the best available hardware on the market and very complex algorithms to create lush, heavenly effects.
A multitude of programmability and control options makes the ocean machine ideal for all different kinds of guitarists from bedroom beginners to industry professionals and is easy to integrate into all different kind of setups.
• 2 independent delays with 15 different delay types, 0-2 seconds of delay time and optional ping pong effect
• A high fidelity spacious reverb with 9 different reverb types and shimmer effect
• Programmable order of effects chain
• Delay and Reverb freeze effect
• Tap Tempo functionality with independent relative tempo options
• An audio looper with 32 MB of storage memory providing a total of up to 44 seconds of recording time
• 2 standard modes of operation
• A multitude of extra programmability options via the LCD menu
• External switch and expression pedal inputs for more control options
• All basic delay and reverb parameters can be adjusted via dedicated control knobs for fast and easy adjustment on the fly
• 8 banks with 3 presets on each, providing a total of 24 preset spaces
• Midi programmable
• Full stereo inputs and outputs
• Adjustable Global EQ settings, input and output levels for easy integration and great results with all different kinds of instruments and setups
We added the Mooer Ocean Machine to our article about the best pedals for ambient and shoegazer.