Vertex Effects just unveiled V2 of their clean boost pedal simply named “Boost MKII.”
33% slimmer than its predecessor, the Boost MKII is a high-end one-knob device that delivers up to 16dB of transparent gain, compatible with both line and instrument-level signals.
The simple layout doesn’t show the noteworthy engineering effort behind this design, here are some important features that aren’t apparent at a first look:
- Ultra-linear buffers condition the entire signal path, ensuring optimal input and stable output impedance
- 1-megohm input buffer compensates for pickup loading
- 100-ohm output buffer ensures consistent results even when using extra-long cables
- Converts a noisy passive effects loop into a max-quality, extremely quiet active loop
- Insert jack enables volume adjustment via an external volume or expression pedal while keeping the guitar’s signal isolated and free of “tone suck”
Here’s the builder’s first video of the Vertex Boost MKII.
Don’t let the single-knob design fool you. The Boost MKII is much more than a clean boost. Using the top-mounted 1/8” TRS jack, you can use the Boost MKII as a VOL/EXP pedal controller, dual- buffer interface, and FX Loop buffer, in addition to an ultra-linear clean boost pedal.
Back in 2014, the Vertex Boost MKI hit shelves, drawing the attention of numerous session legends like Tom Bukovac, Robben Ford, and Michael Thompson, to name a few. It offered a truly transparent clean boost, studio-quality buffering, and the ability to control a Volume or expression pedal outside of your signal chain (eliminating volume pedal tone suck).
Since the release in 2014, Owner and CEO of Vertex Effects, Mason Marangella, used the feedback from artists and customers to reimagine the Boost — and the Boost MKII was born.
When compared to its original counterpart, the Boost MKII is 1/3 smaller and offers not one, but two high-quality buffers. Whether you’re in search of a crystal-clear volume boost, a solution to volume pedal tone suck, or a multi-functional dual buffered interface, Vertex Effects
has you covered with the Boost MKII.
– +16dB transparent level boost
– Ability to control an external VOL/EXP pedal
– Two high-quality buffers (IN: 1MEG Ohm, OUT:100ohm)
– Top-mounted jacks
– Compact enclosure
The Boost MKII retails for $199.99 USD and is available from Vertex Effects dealers worldwide.