Recent advancements have made it possible to achieve lifelike amp-style tones within compact pedal enclosures. The array of choices available for tailoring your sound-shaping tools, whether through physical, virtual, or hybrid setups, has significantly streamlined the process and made it more cost-effective for guitarists to bring their envisioned sounds to life.
Within this trend, TC Electronic’s Ampworx series adds a trio of new amp–in-a-box pedals, following the launch of the series with the first three earlier in 2023, each replicating the essence of two channels from iconic vintage guitar amplifiers.
Representing respectively the Peavey 5150 (an Eddie Van Halen’s favorite), a Dual Rectifier, and a Marshall 800 amps respectively, the 550, a Dual Wreck, and the JIMS 800 preamp pedals offer an array of valuable features, outlined below:
- Dual channels with distinct controls for normal and high gain settings, along with separate tone-shaping capabilities, easily accessible through the right footswitch.
- Footswitch-triggered 5dB boost, strategically positionable before or after the gain using the pre/post switch.
- Presence Pot and Celestion 4×12-inch G12M Creamback Cab Sim, conveniently located on the rear panel.
- Dedicated DI output for effortless integration with DAWs, studio setups, and PA systems.
- Headphone output for private monitoring.