It’s a very deep stereo modulated delay that can take you from familiar earthly environments to parallel sonic universes. It boasts 6 delays in series, dual dynamic flangers, dual phasers and a filter section, offering thorough control over the modulation and a unique feedback circuit. The Alt button opens up extra controls for subdivisions and dynamics and filter response.
This is an excerpt from BestGuitarEffects.com’s review of the Polymoon, where it got 5 stars out of 5 ratings.
The Meris Polymoon is the 3rd pedal release from the SoCal based pedal builder, following on the heels of their other two recent offerings, the Ottobit Jr. and Mercury7 Reverb. Meris’ previous pedals were based on their 500 series rack modules, but the Polymoon is their first all-new offering in a dual foot-switch pedal format. While the Polymoon can generally be classified as a delay pedal or modulated delay, this general categorization doesn’t do justice to the myriad possibilities contained within the Polymoon’s unassuming little white enclosure.
The Polymoon was initially inspired by the concept of chaining together rack delay effects to create all-new sounds, a practice utilized in the 80’s by guitarists including Allan Holdsworth and Frank Zappa. Before the Polymoon, the notion of chaining together a series of ultra-high quality stereo effects algorithms was usually limited to either using rack gear, some very expensive multi-effects processors, or a series of high-end guitar pedals. The concept is rare in a pedal as it is, and the Polymoon is one the most advanced attempts at a delay this sprawling and complex. – read the full review here.
Here are the videos of the Meris Polymoon.
From the manufacturer’s website:
Tidal soundscapes and super-modulated repeat trails will lead to new inspiration with every note you play. Guitar, synthesizer or any instrument will take on new shapes and forms with the Polymoon’s massive algorithmic flow
Super-Modulated multiple tap delay – features:
- 1200mS real time selectable multiple-tap delay line
- Massive multi LFO modulation controls
- 6 custom tuned LFOs with adjustable waveforms for subtle to aggressive pitch shifting effects
- Adjustable Tilt EQ filter in delay feedback
- Tempo syncable stereo Barberpole Phaser
- Multimode stereo Dynamic Flanger w/ feedback
- Unique feedback topology
- Dimension control for smearing reflections
- Selectable quarter or dotted eighth note Tap Tempo
- Digitally controlled Analog mix control
- Stereo input and output
- Switchable input output headroom level for Guitar, Synthesizer or Line levels
- Expression pedal control over all parameters simultaneously
- Presets available via external 4-Preset switch or MIDI
- MIDI in/out over TRS via the EXP jack
- External Tap Tempo over TRS
- MIDI beat clock synchronization
- Premium analog signal path and 24-bit AD/DA w/32 bit floating point DSP
- Premium Analog Devices JFET input section
- Color – white powder coat with fine iridescent flake
- Designed and built in Los Angeles, California U.S.A.