The Meris LVX is the long-awaited first release in over two years by one of the most interesting (and successful) new pedal companies to emerge in the late ’10s, born from a rib of Strymon.
As expected, it’s a heavily featured stereo pedal, and more precisely, a multi-algorithm delay/looper with a host of other effects, a modular heart, and extremely deep internal routing options – see the two FX Loops that can be activated through two dedicated footswitches.
A particular mention deserves the UI interface, based on an animated color LCD screen that is nothing short of mind-blowing, while also being very user-friendly.
The LVX inherits some algorithms from other Meris pedals like the Hedra, Polymoon, Enzo, and Ottobit Jr., but also introduces new ones like Granularize, Casette, and Poly Pitch, for a palette of incredibly creative and highly customizable sonic possibilities.
We added it to our article about the best multi-mode experimental delays.
Meris LVX, Builder’s Notes
MAKE ROOM FOR NEW MEMORIES
Modular Delay System with pro audio heritage, advanced processing and high performance signal path.
LVX was our goal and dream from the start. It took over 2 years in the making. This has been our greatest feat and we’re finally here.
Intuitive. Endless. Deep.
LVX is a Modular Delay System which breaks the paradigm of pre-set delay types in favor of freedom and flexibility. A completely new UI and user experience has been designed from the ground up to make LVX immediately intuitive to navigate.
The architecture of LVX allows ultimate creative freedom to design a custom delay. The pedal features discrete processing elements and control signal modifiers that can be connected as desired for nearly infinite flexibility in crafting custom sounds.
Ultimate Creative Machine
– 5 Pin DIN MIDI I/O Jacks
– Line/Synth Level
– Expression Pedal Jack
– USB-C (for firmware updates only)
– True Stereo Processing
– 9VDC center-negative power (at least 300mA)
• Modular Delay System architecture
• 2540mS of Highly Configurable Dual Delay
• Advanced ARM Processor
• Configurable Delay Structures, Types, and Processing Elements for the ultimate customization in delay processing
• Intuitive Color Screen based User Interface
• Always Available True Stereo 60 Second Looper
• 99 Preset Locations in 33 Banks
• Favorite Preset Bank for instant access to your 3 favorite presets
• Instant Access Tuner with configurable Reference and Output mode
• Deep Modifier Section lets you Route Control Signals to Processing Parameters
• True Stereo Processing Elements (Poly Pitch Shifter operates in mono)
• All New Processing Elements including Preamps, Granulize, Cassette, Poly Pitch, and more
• Includes Processing Elements from the Meris family: Polymoon, Hedra, Enzo, and Ottobit Jr.
• Selectable Note Divisions for each side of the stereo Dual Delay
• Digitally controlled Analog mix bus
• Stereo input and output with separate jacks for each
• Switchable input/output headroom level for Instrument or Synthesizer / Line levels
• MIDI In and Out over standard MIDI Din Jacks
• Assignable Expression Pedal control for multiple parameters simultaneously
• Dedicated Expression Pedal Jack
• MIDI implementation for Continuous Control Parameters
• MIDI Preset Send and Receive
• MIDI beat clock synchronization
• Premium analog signal path and 24-bit AD/DA w/32 bit floating point DSP
• Premium Analog Devices JFET input section
• Dimmable screen and logo light
• Color – white powder coat with fine iridescent flake
• Designed and built in California, U.S.A.