The original Topanga is considered by many guitarists as one of the most authentic-sounding digital recreations of the vintage spring reverb found in vintage Fender amps. The new Catalinbread Topanga Burnside adds to that circuit a tremolo knob.
Unlike the amp units, the mix control allows for 0 to 100% wetness, while the volume knob lets you either compensate for the loss of clean signal that normally happens when adding reverb, or apply some clean boost when the pedal is on.
We added this pedal to our article about the best spring reverb pedals with tremolo.
Catalinbread Topanga Burnside Spring Reverb Pedal Features:
- Full-on surf rock spring reverb unit in pedal form with Mix, Tone, Dwell, and Volume controls
- Authentic old school sound, including all the drip, clang, flutter, and splash of 1960s tanks
- Mix control can be set to 100% wet — something vintage units can’t do
- Volume controls the discrete preamp for extra clean boost when you want it
- Handy tremolo mod conjures additional surfy goodness
- All-metal chassis and high-quality true-bypass footswitch for long-lasting performance
- Powered by 9–18V power supply (not included)
- Made in the USA