The Universal Audio UAFX Golden Reverberator belongs to the series of the first three guitar pedals ever released by the company renowned for pro audio peripherals but also for high-quality DSP-powered plugins emulating vintage studio gear, a kind of expertise that surely came in handy when working on stompboxes that simulate classic analog effects.
The Golden is a Stereo, digital, 3-mode (plus 1) reverb pedal with 3 variations for each mode, preset capability, and six knobs controlling Decay, Pre-Delay, Mix, Bass, Treble and Modulation.
Here’s the list of the modes:
- Spring 65: Modeled after three spring reverb tanks found in classic 1960s American guitar amps
- Plate 140: Voiced after three German plate reverbs, captured at the Record Plant studio
- Hall 224: inspired by late-1970s digital reverb algorithms.
- Bonus Effect: A Free Vintage digital Plate and Chamber 224 reverb, downloadable at registration
The pedal seems to have just one input and one output but can be configured in stereo/dual mono operation – we assume – through a single stereo out.
You can order the UAFX Golden at no extra cost through our affiliate Zzounds link. Check out the videos of it!
Universal Audio UAFX Golden Reverberator
Engineered and developed by the acclaimed team at UA, the Universal Audio UAFX Golden Reverberator pedal boasts powerful dual-processor architecture for the most sonically authentic Spring, Plate, and Vintage Digital reverbs ever available in a stompbox.
From the dense sound of 1950s studio plates, to tube-driven spring reverb of classic 1960s guitar amps and endless algorithmic wonder of vintage digital reverbs, Golden Reverberator gives you three perfectly-emulated classic reverbs in a beautiful effects pedal that’s built to last decades.
Three Classic Reverbs, Expertly Captured:
- Spring 65: Three “golden unit” spring reverb tanks, pulled from classic 1960s American guitar amps
- Plate 140: Three vintage German plate reverbs, captured at the iconic Record Plant studio
- Hall 224: A trio of perfectly modeled late-1970s digital reverb algorithms.
- Bonus Effects: Free Vintage digital Plate and Chamber 224 reverbs, downloadable at registration
- Flagship reverb emulation pedal with powerful dual-processor UAFX engine
- Three classic reverb sounds, with available modulation on each effect
- Simple Live/Preset modes for instant recall of your favorite sound
- Additional downloadable effects by the world-renowned UAD algorithm team
- True or buffered bypass, spillover/tails, silent switching
- Analog dry through, stereo/dual mono operation
- Classic UA analog design and craftsmanship, built to last decades