The NUX Queen of Tone is a naughtily named dual overdrive pedal partially inspired by the legendary Analogman King of Tone, which was a dual Blues Breaker-style overdrive.
The Queen of Tone borrows the dual channel idea, but marrying the company’s popular Klon-style circuit on the left channel (also available as a single drive under the Horseman moniker) with their Blues Breaker-style circuit on the right one (aka the Morning Star).
Each channel has its own footswitch and three controls for Drive and Level and Tone (although they are called Gain, Output and Treble on the Klone side). The routing, for extra flexibility, can be reversed at the flick of a toggle switch.
Check out the first videos of this pedal, we’ll let you know when it’s available everywhere.
NUX Queen of Tone, Builder’s Notes
QUEEN of TONE is a dual overdrive pedal stacked with Horseman and Morning Star.
Why? Because great guitarists love 2 overdrives for their tone.
On the left side of the pedal is the Horseman with SILVER mode. The Horseman is based on the legendary Centaur, with a modified circuit to access the secondary function by simply holding the foot switch~ SILVER mode. Carve out your tone with the Output, Treble, and Gain knobs, then try switching between the 2 modes: Gold and Silver, which offers massive headway usually requiring an 18v input. Gold Mode mimics its classic predecessor; the transparent Gold Centaur overdrive pedal and the Silver Mode is a powered-up version with an extended gain range (Silver Centaur).
On the right side of the pedal is the Morning Star with SHINE mode. The Morning Star is based on the legendary Bluesbreaker circuit: a very transparent,
low gain drive. Like our Morning Star, it also features a simple foot switch hold to engage the iconic SHINE mode for a crystal clear treble boosted tone.
By using the versatile routing and toggle switches, You can adjust the order of the overdrivesMS->HM or HM->MS. On the back of the pedal, you can toggle the BF/TB switch for Buffer-Bypass or True-Bypass, and the IFS/NORMAL switch to engage INPUT FET STAGE (IFS) to increase the input signal in order to reach the amp’s breakthrough edge that can drive the tube amplifier hotter.
Left side (Horseman)
- OUTPUT knob?Controls the output level of Horseman circuit.
- TONE knob?Controls the treble frequency of Horseman circuit.
- GAIN knob?Controls the drive level of Horseman circuit.
- Footswitch?Engage/disengage Horseman circuit. Hold it for 1 second, you can turn on/off SILVER mode.
- SILVER indicator?While you engaged SILVER mode, the indicator will turn on.
Right side (Morning Star)
- DRIVE knob?Controls the gain of Morning Star circuit.
- TONE knob?Controls the treble frequency of Morning Star circuit.
- LEVEL knob?Controls the volume of Morning Star circuit.
- Footswitch?Engage/disengage Morning Star circuit. Hold it for 1 second, you can turn on/off SHINE mode.
- SHINE indicator?While you engaged SHINE mode, the indicator will turn on.
- Routing toggle switch?You can adjust the order from Morning Star to Horseman or Horseman to Morning Star. It’s very useful to stack the sound.
Isaac George says:
Nov 19, 2022
Hi there! I am an American living in the UK. How do I buy one of these bad boys?
Paolo De Gregorio says:
Nov 21, 2022
Hi Isaac, try that Reverb link under the image. Not sure if they are available in the UK yet, but in the US it shows up.