The Third Man Hardware Fuzz-a-Tron is a pedal kit that allows anyone to build their own fuzz effect. It is suitable for beginners who have little or no soldering experience, as it comes with a detailed instruction manual and all the necessary components.
The Fuzz-a-Tron kit contains:
- A QR code for online access to the instruction manual
- A circuit board and components
- Hook up wire
- A battery lead (9v battery not included)
- A black chassis box
- 1/4″ input and output jacks
- A footswitch
- An external power jack (power supply not included)
- Rubber feet
- A Third Man Hardware sticker pack
The Fuzz-a-Tron has three controls:
- Tone: This knob adjusts the tone of the fuzz effect, from dark and swampy to bright and screeching.
- Volume: This knob regulates the output level of the pedal.
- Switch: This footswitch toggles between the fuzz effect and the clean signal.
- The pedal can be powered by a 9v battery or a center negative 9v power supply (such as the one spot).