*You’ll be able to play with this pedal at the upcoming Brooklyn Synth and Pedal Expo.
The Meris MercuryX represents a modular evolution of reverb by California-based company Meris, drawing inspiration from two of their most popular pedals: the Blade Runner soundtrack-inspired Mercury7, and their first forey into the digital/modular format, the LVX delay.
MercuryX integrates eight Meris reverb algorithms into a modular system UI and architecture, building upon the acclaimed LVX pedal’s foundation. Drawing inspiration from iconic sources like Blade Runner for Ultraplate and Cathedra, as well as classic studio sounds for the 78 Room, Plate, and Hall structures, this stereo reverb presents an array of carefully crafted reverb structures, also introducing new and distinctive algorithms like Spring, Prism, and Gravity, further enhancing its versatility and sound palette.
At the heart of MercuryX lies its creative hub, the Modifier section, empowering users to route control signals to processing parameters. This includes effects such as Chorus, Vibrato, Vowel Mod, Tremolo, and Hazy Lo-Fi, among others. Full MIDI control is available, with partial control via Expression In.
For added convenience, the footswitches enable users to save and access up to three presets swiftly.
Check out how it sounds in the videos below.
Meris MercuryX, Builder’s Notes
MercuryX combines 8 custom Meris reverb algorithms and incorporates those into a modular system UI/architecture that we first introduced with the award winning LVX pedal. Ultraplate and Cathedra are from Mercury7 and are inspired by the moody sci-fi reverbs featured in Blade Runner. The 78 Room, Plate and Hall structures are inspired by the venerable sounds of a studio classic. Spring, Prism, and Gravity are brand new structures unique to MercuryX.
- Modular Reverb System architecture
- 8 Custom Meris Reverbs: Ultraplate, Cathedra, 78 Room, 78 Plate, 78 Hall, Spring, Prism and Gravity
- Expanded 2.54 secs of Stereo Predelay with modular Feedback Routing Location
- Advanced ARM Processor
- Configurable Reverb Structures, Types, and Processing Elements for the ultimate customization in reverb processing
- Intuitive Color Screen based User Interface
- Expressive Hold Modifier Switch for on the fly control
- 99 Preset Locations in 33 Banks
- Favorite Preset Bank for instant access to your 3 favorite presets
- Instant Access Tuner with configurable Reference and Output mode
- Deep Modifier Section lets you route control signals to processing parameters
- New Independent Stereo Freeze alongside reverb
- Gate Envelope Controls for every reverb type
- All New Processing Elements including 79 Chorus, Vibrato, Vowel Mod, Tremolo, Hazy Lo-Fi and more
- Selectable Note Divisions for each side of the stereo Predelay
- Digitally controlled Analog mix bus
- Stereo input and output with separate jacks for each
- Switchable input/output headroom level for Instrument or Synthesizer / Line levels
- MIDI In and Out over standard MIDI Din Jacks
- Assignable Expression Pedal control for multiple parameters simultaneously
- Dedicated Expression Pedal Jack
- MIDI implementation for Continuous Control Parameters
- MIDI Preset Send and Receive
- MIDI beat clock synchronization
- Premium analog signal path and 24-bit AD/DA w/32 bit floating point DSP
- Premium Analog Devices JFET input section
- Dimmable screen and logo light
- Color – Deep blue glossy coat
- Designed and built in California, U.S.A.