Of all the two-in-one pedals released by the German company, the Harley Benton Sugar & Spice is the one that might get the interest of creative guitarists, thanks to its flexibility and wide sonic palette.
As with all the other pedals in this line, there are two digital effects placed in series (a delay/chorus and a reverb) that – thanks to a 3-way toggle – can feed each other in any order or be set up to play one at a time.
While the other effects in this line have two rather simple circuits, the Sugar & Spice offers a 5-mode delay/chorus on the left and a 3-mode reverb on the right. Intriguingly, the 5 delay modes are “fading” – or “morphing” – into each other, rather than being set through a hard switch.
The Delay modes are Echo, Chorus, Tri-Chorus, Chorus> Delay, Delay>Chorus, with controls for Level, Rate, Time, Depth, and Feedback
The reverb modes are: Filter, Modulation and simple Reverb, with controls for Mix, Tone and a third one changing depending on the mode (range for Filter, Rate for Modulation and Decay for Reverb).
Needless to say, the combinations here, with all these options to mix and match, are almost endless.
- Reverb & Echo / Chorus Digital
- Effects can be used simultaneously, individually and in any order
- Effect A: Delay and chorus effects especially for acoustic guitars
- Controls A: Level, rate, time, depth, feedback
- Mode selector switch
- On/Off footswitch with LED indicator
- 3-Way switch for effect order and single effect mode
- Effect B: Digital reverb especially for acoustic guitar
- Modes B: Filter, mod, reverb
- Control B: Mix, tone, rate, range, decay
- On/off footswitch with LED indicator
- True bypass design
- Powered by a 9 V DC power supply unit (suitable power supply unit available under item no. 409939 – not included in the delivery)
- Power consumption: 200 mA
- Dimensions: 120 x 95 x 37 mm
- Weight: 0.32 kg