The NUX ‘6ixty5ive Overdrive is the latest amp-in-a-box by a Chinese builder that’s getting an increasing number of fans in the US of A. Just like the overdrive pedal it takes inspiration from (in tone and color), the Vemuram Jan Ray, it’s voiced after the Black Panel Fender amps of the ’60s.
The main difference between the Jan Ray and the ‘6ixty5ive is in the price, since the former fetches for anywhere between $300 and $900, while the latter only costs $49.
We’ll let you judge the tone difference between the two, but, from the videos below, the NUX clone seems to deliver those glassy and transparent overdrive with natural compression associated with both the Fender Black Panel amps and the Venumam high-end overdrive.
NUX ‘6ixty5ive Overdrive, Builder’s Notes
The NUX ‘6ixty5ive Overdrive pedal from our bestselling Reissue Series offers up the punchy clear tones of the Classic Black Panel Fender amps from the 60’s. It’s an easy-to-handle glassy overdrive that retains the characteristics of the guitar with great sustain and natural compression.
NUX ‘6isty5ive Overdrive is inspired by VENURAM Jan Ray.
- Classic Fender Black Panel Overdrive Tone.
- Analog Circuit with JRC4558 Gain Stage.
- OP AMP Simulates the Characteristic Overdrive of Black Panel Tube Amplifiers.
- Saturation Trimmer.
- True-bypass Hardware Switching.Specifications
- Input impedance1M Ohms
- Output impedance10K Ohms
- Current draw< 10 mA
- Power9V battery or external AC adaptor delivering 9V DC regulated minimum 300mA
- Dimensions121(L) X 77(W) X 48(D) mm