Morley is one of the (few) pedal companies participating in this year’s NAMM Believe in Music Convention, and even though they aren’t releasing any new pedals, their presence reminded us of their interesting 20/20 line of hybrid wah pedals.
Our readers might find interesting their Power Fuzz Wah, which integrates two of the most crucial rock’n’roll effects and – at once – solves the compatibility problems they often cause when they are both on (we tackled that issue in this article about fuzz friendly wahs).
The 20/20 version offers the same dual circuit as the original in a more compact size, with separate footswitches for each effect and silent and switchless activation of the wah.
The fuzz, placed first in the circuit chain, comes in two flavors:
Vintage Fuzz mode emulates that old-school ripped speaker sound that the original MPSA12 Transistors achieved.
Modern Fuzz mode is tighter and more Distortion-like.
Check out the videos of the Morely 20/20 Power Fuzz Wah, below
Behold the mighty Power Fuzz Wah, one of the great Morley classics. The 20/20 version not only comes in a Pedalboard friendly size, but now has our acclaimed Switchless Activation. It offers our widest frequency sweep and when combined with its Fuzz circuit delivers monstrous Fuzz Wah tone that will send other Wah pedals into hiding.
MAIN FEATURES & SPECS
• One of the great Morley classics. Fuzz and Wah packed into one pedal.
• Fuzz circuit comes before the Wah circuit just like the original.
• Vintage Fuzz mode emulates that old-school ripped speaker sound that the original MPSA12 Transistors achieved. Modern Fuzz mode is tighter and more Guitar Distortion like.
• Switchless Wah activation, simply step on to activate and step off to bypass.
• Our acclaimed Optical circuitry that won’t wear down or get scratchy over time.
• New 20/20 Buffer circuit that prevents signal loss and maintains tone.
• 6.85? x 4.5? x 2.5? (L x W x H)
• Powered by one 9-volt battery or optional Morley 9V adapter. Compatible with most 9V adapters.
• Silent Switching, won’t “pop” or bleed into audio signal when Fuzz and Fuzz type are engaged.
• MQ2 custom Inductor, LED indication, cold-rolled steel housing, quick clip battery door, glow-in-the-dark treadle grip/toe-end logo.
• One-year warranty. Lifetime Warranty available with registration.