KingTone is the company of Jesse Davey, the guitarist of the now-dissolved British Blues band The Hoax. His interest in engineering and effect circuits led him to start the KingTone after the band broke up, and – as you may have guessed – since then he’s been laser-focused in creating gain pedals for the blues guitarist.
One of his most successful products is the Duellist, a dual-channel overdrive. The new Heavy Hand is the same Bluesbreaker-inspired circuit you get on the “side B” of the Duelist, with a few extra twists:
- There’s an extra dedicated control for the fat setting named Body (controlling the amount of low end)
- A 3-way toggle switch adds a “tubey” quality to the tone in Edge mode, and a cleaner one in the Glass one
- Another 3-way toggle switch delivers more or less compressed dynamics in the Comp and Open modes, with the former delivering a growly, gritty tone, great for sustaining lead or riff sounds, and the latter offering a silky amp tone with righ harmonics.
Here’s a great-sounding demo of the KingTone HeavyHand by Edge of Breakup.
The Heavy Hand is side B of the Duellist pedal. It features thee same components high end and tone. The HeavyHand also has additional features including a dedicated control for the fat setting named “Body”. This allows the user to dial in the correct amount of added low end to the tone. There is also the addition of an Edge setting, this allows the user to add an edgy, tube’y quality to the tone. Finally you can now make adjustments to the clipping section of the pedal. Stock will give you the classic Duellist Side B tone, “Comp” gives you a more compressed overdriven tone with a growly, gritty quality, great for sustaining lead or riff sounds. “Open” is a silky amp-like tone with rich harmonics and enough volume to overdrive any tube amp.
- Hand Wired
- Wide Drive Controls, Allow Almost Clean Overdrive Tones, All The Way To Full-On Overdrive Settings With No Compromise In Tone
- Highest Quality Components
- Classic Duellist Tones In A Smaller Size
- True Bypass (No Tone Loss)
- Stock, Glass and Edge Toggle Switch
- Stock, Open and Comp Toggle Switch
- Body Control Allows Rotary Control Of The Standard “Fat” Control
- Classic Overdrive Tones But With Many More Options
- High Quality Top Mounted Jacks Sockets
- Performance 4558 Chips
- Laser Engraved Control Panel
- Power From DC or 9v Battery
- Built To Last A Lifetime
- 30 Day Money Back Guarantee