IK Multimedia, a multifaceted builder of tools for musicians, unveiled four new, multi-mode pedals powered by the algorithms of their popular audio plugin Amplitube. This post will take a closer look at the delay pedal in this line, called X-Time.
This is a multi-mode, do-it-all kind of delay reminiscent of releases by Strymon and Eventide, but with a twist no other modern delay workstation on the market can boast: it comes with an Amplitube SE 5 plugin including an exact virtual reproduction of the hardware, allowing players to apply their settings directly to their DAW’s channels (as many times as allowed by their computer’s DSP).
Like the other stompboxes in the X-Gear series, the X-TIME features 16 algorithms covering pretty much any possible delay option, including Vintage, Ping-Pong, Reverse, Swell, Duck, Harmonized, Pitchshifted, and the mysterious “Artic” mode – you can see the full list here.
With a 5Hz to 24kHz frequency response, versatile routing options, stereo in/out, 300 storable presets, and full Midi/USB implementation, the X-Time has nothing to envy the established multiverb boxes on the market. 8 knobs allow navigation of all the essential parameters (one can be assigned to custom control), while the spacious screen features fonts that look a little retro (vintage alarm clock-style), but its large size makes it very easy to read also when standing. On top of that, its open architecture is a window into upcoming new features and software improvement.
To facilitate direct recording, the X-Delay also includes 5 cabinet impulses.
Here’s the first video of the IK Multimedia X-Time Delay. It can already be preordered on Sweetwater.
Bring your perfect studio guitar sound onstage with the new AmpliTube X-TIME delay pedal. This boutique, true stereo pedal features 16 all-new delay effects leveraging IK’s latest AmpliTube technologies, accompanied by an exclusive virtual X-GEAR version of the exact same effects. Use the virtual version with AmpliTube 5 (SE version included) to record and tweak settings and save as presets on your X-TIME pedal for world-class tone anywhere.
AmpliTube X-TIME overview
- Breakthrough software and hardware integration for guitarists
- State-of-the-art DSP in a road-worthy anodized aluminum chassis
- 16 different algorithms, 50 factory presets (300 storable presets)
- All-new delay algorithms, from tape echos to crystal-clear
- Includes exclusive virtual X-TIME version for use in AmpliTube 5
- USB port for preset management and use as a recording interface
- Full MIDI implementation including control over AmpliTube 5
- Designed and made in Italy for a lifetime of playing and gigging
AmpliTube X-TIME leverages IK’s latest technologies for hyper-realistic emulations of real-world gear. The state-of-the-art DSP onboard offers 16 high-end algorithms, while a special X-MODE opens additional infinite-feedback effects. All combined, X-TIME delivers amazing clarity to the stage with the realism and response that users love about AmpliTube 5.
Hardware that stands out
For AmpliTube X-TIME we went all out to guarantee your tone stays as pure and pristine as possible, no matter how simple or sophisticated your signal chain becomes.
• Ultra-low noise, 24-bit/192kHz converters for class-leading sound quality
• 5 Hz–24 kHz frequency response to capture the full scope of your guitar’s sound
• 112 dB dynamic range provides whisper-quiet operation at any gain setting
• A pure analog dry path and selectable true or soft bypass for maximum control
AmpliTube X-TIME includes a matching virtual version for Mac/PC and a copy of AmpliTube 5 SE. Open any version of AmpliTube 5 and you’ll find your virtual X-TIME pedal available as a stomp for use within the program. Adjust any of your pedal settings with the convenience of AmpliTube’s award-winning workflow and save them as presets. The X-GEAR Librarian lets you move presets between X-GEAR pedals and AmpliTube and easily reorganize them on the hardware pedal. You can store up to 300 presets per pedal.
With AmpliTube X-TIME there’s no need for any other gear when it comes to recording guitar. We’ve put a USB audio interface and some must-have recording features right onboard.
• 5Hz to 24kHz frequency response to record the full range of your guitar or bass
• Versatile routing options let you send the wet or dry signal to your DAW
• Stereo out for monitoring sound between the X-TIME pedal and your computer
• Full MIDI implementation to map control of AmpliTube and/or any compatible DAW
From soundcheck to final encore
When it’s time to play out, AmpliTube X-TIME holds everything you need to perform at your best. In fact, you can even leave your amp and cab at home, if you want to.
• Fast, intuitive interface and control knobs to tweak your sound on the fly
• High-contrast LED display keeps you informed on everything, indoors and out
• Expression pedal input adds additional control over any parameter you choose