To further remind us that pedals are a modular format just like Eurorack, the Endorphines Ghost is a rare example of a synth company venturing into the stompbox format (there are plenty of reversed cases including EQD, Strymon, and Empress Effects, just to mention a few).
While the original Ghost Eurorack was presented as a bit crusher and sample rate reducer, you can obviously tell from the control layout that its pedal sibling (presented at NAMM 2023) does a lot more than that, belonging to the new crop of creative, “organic” multi-fx stompboxes (like the Strymon NightSky or the Hologram Microcosm) that mix several effects in ways more interactive than your regular multi-fx pedal, where all the effects are placed in a parallel sequence.
Designed in collaboration with producer Andrew Huang, the Ghost consists of several “blocks’ that can be moved around and interact with each other for creative experimentation. These blocks include a delay and a 3-mode reverb, an unmissable filter also with three modes, and a distortion.
A Routing button lets you organize these effects in 6 different orders, with reverb and delay representing a single block.
On top of that, a modulation section can follow 6 different LFO curves and be programmed to do different things like tremolo or filter modulation.
Fully Midi compatible, the Ghost has a 9 preset system, Tap Tempo, and three footswitches that let you change assignable parameters like tap tempo, freeze, spring excite, but also change presets.
Check out what it can do in the video below. It will be shipping in the fall of 2023.
Endorphines Ghost, Builder’s Notes
ENDORPHIN.ES X ANDREW HUANG
MULTI – DIMENSIONAL EFFECTS CHAIN PROCESSOR
Immerse yourself and go beyond the boundaries of what is possible with a conventional guitar or synth pedal. GHOST PEDAL brings you new possibilities of tone shaping with its state of the art flexible audio routing chain, allowing you to jump between dimensions with a single press of a button.
From earth shaking subharmonics and distorted drones to angelic shimmer reverbs and anything in between, GHOST is a PEDAL for the adventurous sound designers and the most demanding guitar and synth players. Intuitive UI coupled with hands-on control and preset storage allows you to stay in the now and focus on your performance.
- unique user interface showing parameter values and real-time modulations
- line or high-impedance JFET guitar inputs with cabinet simulator
- full MIDI control over every parameter incl. MIDI clock over LFO and delay
- true relay stereo, buffered and trails bypass modes
- bipolar LFO and expression pedal assignments to any parameter
- 3 reverb and 3 filter types, incl. comb with resonator, six possible routing variations
- reverb freeze, delay looper, spring reverb with virtual spring excite
- three footswitches let you change assignable parameters (tap tempo/freeze/spring excite), select presets and bypass with your feet