The circuit of the original Coppersound Triplegraph v2 (an autostutter and killswitch pedal) is embedded in the company’s monster Triplegraph pedal released in collaboration with Jack White of Third Man Records. The new version of the Telegraph is a full redesign with some nifty new features.
While the new design retains features of the original, it sports an updated and proprietary all-metal hardware, and expands the amount of control that can be done by foot.
The pedal features now 3 modes (one more than the original, called Burst) :
- Kill: Pressing the footswitch/key will mute the output, in both latching or momentary modes.
- Activate: All audio is muted until the footswitch/key is pressed, in both latching or momentary modes.
- Burst: This new mode works like a square tremolo stutter, with speeds set by the Burst knob starting from 110bpm to impossibly fast. A quick press of the footswitch/key with turn it on, while a prolonged pressure will activate it momentarily. An internal DIP switch allows to make it always momentary.
Burst mode can also be activated in conjunction with the Kill and Ativate modes using the Polarity switch on the side of the case.
Here’s the video of it!
Coppersound Telegraph V2, Builder’s Notes
Make way for the new Killswitch on the block! The successor to our popular Telegraph Stutter pedal, Telegraph V2 is our all new, redesigned killswitch and stutter system. Retaining aspects of the original design, Telegraph V2 features updated, proprietary all metal hardware. This sturdy (and stylish) upgrade now allows the player to control the effect with their feet, whilst retaining tactile efficiency for hand operation. On the inside, we’ve designed a brand new Active circuit from the ground up. Featuring new modes and parameters effectively impossible to attain on the original Stutter.
In addition to the classic Kill and Activate modes, we are excited to present:
Burst mode is an automatic, tremolo-like stutter, adjustable from 110bpm to an astonishingly fast rate, set by the Burst Knob. In Burst mode, the effect can be latched (with a quick press of the key), or triggered momentarily (when the key is held). For the player that would prefer to only have momentary mode, we provide an internal dip switch to turn off the latching feature.
Additionally – emulating aspects of the original Kill and Activate modes – the “Polarity” toggle on the side of the enclosure further enhances the possibilities of Burst mode. When Polarity is set to “Kill”, your clean signal passes through until the key is pressed (engaging Burst). When set to “Activate”, no audio will be heard until the key is pressed, allowing for controlled bursts of sound! You can additionally control the rate of Burst mode externally by an expression pedal, or synced to a CV clock source to match the tempo. To cap it all off, Telegraph V2 features an integrated, power loss fail-safe, inso that if the pedal should lose power, it will automatically revert to a bypass state. This newly re-imagined telegraph pedal serves as a unique and creative tool for both live and studio use. Where rugged engineering meets on-the-fly inspiration!
The ultimate killswitch & stutter system
- Three different modes – Kill, Activate, and Burst (automatic)
- Expression pedal (? 10K recommended) and CV speed control via CTRL jack
- Latching and momentary options
- Polarity switch to assign Burst mode operation
- Bi-color LED knob indicates speed and status
- Power-free, limited passive operation
- Fail-safe bypass if disconnected from power
- All-metal, proprietary hardware for rugged foot and hand operation
- Available in 6 finishes: Carolina Copper, Gotham Grey, Sierra Blue, Alpine White, Army Green, and Romeo Red
- Surf Green finish available exclusively through Martel Music Store
- Handmade in the U.S.A.
- 9V – 2.1mm x 5.5mm Center Negative | 60mA consumption
- In/Out: ¼” Instrument Cable
- EXP: ¼” TRS Cable
- CV: ¼” Instrument cable
- 4.9? x 2.75? x 2.98? (including jacks and hardware)
- Smart Bypass Equipped