The Sonicake Levitate launches a new format for Chinese builder of (mostly) mini pedals Sonicake, which could be described as an insanely affordable, non-mini, dual-effect pedal series. The two effects, in this case, are a classic combo, beloved by guitarists with ambient leanings: (digital) delay and (plate) reverb, in that order.
With a street price of $55.99, the Levitate can’t be an overly complicated circuit, but it has all the features a desirable pedal of this kind should have, like Tap Tempo for the delay, momentary footswitch for Trails on both effects, and separate knobs for wet and dry signal. A switch that reverses the routing would have been very welcome but would have certainly made the price tag not as palatable.
The two effects have two controls each: (amount of) Reverb and Decay for the reverb, and Feedback and Time for the delay, which can produce repeats as long as 2 seconds at its maximum setting.
You can hear how they sound in the videos below. On our end, we added the Sonicake Levitate to our popular article about the best delay + reverb pedal combos.
Sonicake Levitate, Builder’s Notes
LEVITATE is a dual effects pedal with carefully selected delay and reverb effects built in. Digital style delay effect with dry signal and wet signal independent adjustment. Plate reverb has a large schedulable decay time.
Trails and delay tap tempo function helps during the live show.
- Digital Delay/Plate Reverb 2 effects in 1 Pedal.
- Max. 2000ms Delay Time, Reverb has large schedulable Decay parameter.
- Trail and Tap Tempo function helps during the Live Show.
- Special Design Buffer Bypass Circuit Keeps the Sound Pristine.
- Working with 9V Center Negative Regular Pedal Power Supply(not included).
- Power: DC 9V 5.5×2.1mm center negative (not included), 92mA
- Dimensions: 124(D)×90(W)×54.8(H)mm
- Weight: 371g
- Input Impedance: 470k Ohms
- Output Resistance: 1k Ohms