The Rift Amplification Elysium Low-Gain Fuzz is a very simple fuzz pedal that’s getting a lot of attention. It’s built by hand by a UK-based amp manufacturer that uses a point-to-point technique for all their creations.
The curious approach to this circuit is to have a fixed fuzz (i.e. no knob for more or less fuzziness) that can still be relevant and addictive.
The circuit gives you the option to add more output through a volume knob and to change the fuzz’s voice from “Fat” (scooped) to “War” (tight), while the amount of fuzz will always stay fixed in the low-gain range.
The result is a textural and dynamic fuzz with a double personality that interacts with your guitar’s volume.
Rift Amplification Elysium Low-Gain Fuzz, Builder’s Notes
The Elysium is a low-gain fuzz pedal that combines the clarity and dynamic response of a great overdrive with the raw and complex texture of a vintage fuzz.
The simple controls, combined with your guitar’s VOLUME pot allow you to dial in your tone quickly.
Fully handwired using the same parts and techniques as our amplifiers.
This pedal unlocks a new range of tones from your amp with just a tap of the switch.
Each ELYSIUM pedal offers the following features:
- One knob to control LEVEL
- VOICE switch – move between Fat and War, or Scooped and Tight
- Built to last with ease-of-servicing in mind, no fiddly PCBs or hard-to-source parts
- 9-volt operation with the industry standard centre-negative 2.1mm DC input socket – no battery
- The pedal is true point-to-point construction using the same components as our amplifiers.
- Full no-quibble LIFETIME warranty to the original owner
- (proof of purchase required).
?Size: 125mm x 60mm x 55mm (LxWxH)
Power: 9v @ 10mA