Like the other mini pedals by this newish Chinese builder, the Flamma FC15 Flanger is a simple effect that does well what it promises at a very affordable price. It also looks great, thanks to a tasteful choice for the metal case’s color (Flamma excels at that) and the use of modern fonts and graphics.
This release is part of a new wave of three pedals integrating the company’s Mini FC-Series, which are in all likelihood circuits already found in some old Mooer pedals.
Featuring controls for Color, Range and a large Rate adjustment knob, the FC15’s simple design allows for quick customization and tone tweaking on the fly. Color controls the effect’s feedback and Range the width of the sweeping’s range.
There’s also an added Filter mode, which adds a low pass filter that makes the sound warmer and more watery. In this mode, the Range control will set the filter’s cutoff frequency.
Flamma FC15 Flanger, Builder’s Notes
- The FC15 Analog Flanger packs a rich analog flanger effect in the small form factor expected from the FC series.
- FC15 Analog Flanger features color, range, and a large rate adjustment knob
- FC15’s simple design allows for quick customization and tone tweaking on the fly
- Easily toggle between two different “Normal” and “Filter” modes for more effect variations
- The true bypass circuit ensures a noise-free environment until you’re ready to flange again.