Chinese builder Donner has made a name for itself for its super affordable, no-frills guitar pedals, but a few recent releases seem to show a little more ambition – including art on the case! Their new White Tape stereo echo belongs to this new series and, in case you are wondering, it still sells for under $50 on Amazon.
Sporting stereo in and out, this is actually a very simple dual, digital tape-style delay with each channel panned hard left and right, featuring identical controls for Level, Time and Feedback. It’s exactly like having two 3-knob tape echos in one pedal offering a maximum delay length 1,000ms each.
The two channels cannot “leak” into one another, but stay entirely separate on either side.
Check out the demos of the Donner White Tape Stereo Echo, we added it to our article about the Best Tape-Style Delay Pedals.
All in one Donner White Tape stereo delay pedal
Donner White Tape is an analog circuit stereo tape delay pedal that realistically emulates the sound of those legendary tape echo machines.
White Tape provides the warm and organic tape delay sound and keeps decay of echo as natural as possible. The maximum delay length 1000ms can suit for most kind of guitar playing. Perfect for synthesizers, guitars, drum machines, and more.
Highly responsive knobs
6 different sensitive knobs for controlling over delay Level, Time and Feedback for each channel.
You can adjust the delay effect on both sides separately by switching the knob of the corresponding channel.
Stereo delay pedal
Two independent delay channels and controls gives your tone a sense of space and substance in stereo setup.
Provides the sought-after timbre of the original tape echo machines complete with ‘wow’ and ‘flutter’ effects, and authentic bass drop-off on the repeats. Analog dry signal path and True bypass switch keep the nature tone.
Versatility delay pedal
White Tape provides the warm and organic tape delay sound and keeps decay of echo as natural as possible.
The maximum delay length 1000ms can suit for most kind of guitar playing.
Perfect for synthesizers, guitars, drum machines, and more .
1. DC IN: Input for power supply, use a 9V DC regulated power supply 100mA, center pin negative.
2. Level knob: Adjusts the delay signal level of the left/right channel. Fully counterclockwise will give you dry guitar signal. Clockwise will increase the delay level.
3. Time knob: Adjusts the delay time from 25ms to 1000ms of the left/right channel.
4. Feedback knob: Controls the delay feedback of the left/right channel, Fully counterclockwise will give one repeat and at fully clockwise you get infinite feedback.
5. LED: Indicates the effect on/off.
6. Input jack: 1/4″ mono audio jack left/right input for connecting to the input device or instrument. When the mono input jack L is connected, it can output stereo signals.
7. Output jack: 1/4″ mono audio jack of left/right output, effect output for connection to amp or other devices.
8. Foot switch: Engages and disengages the effect, true bypass.