On Saturday, October 2nd at our LA Stompbox Exhibit, Eventide unveiled a new member of its new family of stereo pedals inspired by their established line of pro audio plugins: the Tricerachorus.
The pedal’s algorithm will tempt guitarists interested in genres originating from the ’80s (shoegazers in particular) and in 2020 was also added through an update to the H9 multi-effect pedal. The pedal embeds it into a dedicated stereo pedal, adding extra functions not available in the H9 (or on the plugin), like the momentary footswitch Swirl, which triggers psychedelic flanging, phasing and Univibe-style tones.
The algorithm offers three chorus types: Chorus, Vibrato, Chorale (inspired by classic rackmount Tri-chorus unit) and three independent chorus voices (Left, Center and Right) for extra-lush chorusing.
Midi/USB connectivity, Line Level compatibility, Alt Function on all knobs and Presets round up the features.
We added the Eventide Tricerachorus pedal to our buyer’s guide to the best stereo and mono chorus pedals.
[Wanna get this baby and be supportive? Buy it through our Sweetwater or Perfect Circuit affiliate programs – at no extra cost.]
Eventide Tricerachorus, Builder’s Notes
A World of Swirl
Inspired by the classic Tri-Stereo Chorus and stompbox choruses of the 1970s and early 1980s, the TriceraChorus pedal pairs rich Bucket Brigade-style chorusing with Eventide’s legendary MicroPitch detuning for a lushness that rivals the jungles of the late Cretaceous Period. TriceraChorus features three chorus voices and three unique chorus effects which can be used to create a wide stereo spread with pulsing waves of modulation. The innovative “Swirl” footswitch adds psychedelic flanging, phasing, and Univibe-style tones. It has never been easier to dial in syrupy smooth, deep modulation on guitar, bass, synths, strings, vocals, and more.
• Three independent chorus voices: Left, Center and Right
• Three chorus types: Chorus, Vibrato, Chorale for a wide array of tonal possibilities
• Dedicated “Swirl” footswitch capable of generating psychedelic flanging, phasing and Univibe-style tones
• Five presets loaded at your feet with dozens more available with Eventide Device Manager (EDM) software
• Dual-action Active Footswitch is latching or momentary.
• Rear panel Guitar/Line Level switch for matching levels with guitar, synths, FX loop or DAW interface
• Map any combination of parameters to an expression pedal.
• Use a single aux switch to tap Rate or a triple aux switch for easy preset changing (up/down/load).
• MIDI capability over TRS (with MIDI to TRS cable or converter box) or USB (with MIDI-host controllers)
• Multiple Bypass options: Buffered, Relay, DSP+FX or Kill dry
• Catch-up mode helps dial in your sound when toggling between presets/parameters.
• Eventide Device Manager PC or Mac application for software updates, system settings and creating/saving presets