Hailing from Ottawa, Ontario, the Templo Devices Splyce is a small (3.2″ x 2.7″), two-channel mixer in stompbox format that can be very useful to most guitarists, in more than one way.
The pedal’s left side features a Combo XLR/1/4″ input jack for either a mic or an instrument, followed by a three band EQ and a Mic Level knob. In contrast, the right side is optimized for guitar, with a buffered 1/4″ input followed by a foot-switchable MOSFET-based clean boost with gain knob (when the boost is off, the guitar signal will be still audible at its original volume).
A toggle switch on the top of the big knob, when turned to Mojo Mode handily sends the guitar signal to the three-band EQ, leaving the left input flat.
The two signals are then mixed and sent to the mono 1/4″ out, placed at the bottom of the pedal.
This is are some of the applications the Templo Devices Splyce can be used for:
- Play guitar and sing through a single input amplifier
- Use a balanced microphone through your effects pedals
- Mix two instruments together (two guitars, synth + guitar…)
- Live looping routing
- Regular guitar Boost/EQ pedal
Check out the video below and, if you are in the Montreal area, come and try it in person at our upcoming MTL Knob-Session!
Templo Devices Splyce, Builder’s Notes
Throw away your large mixer!
Finally, a mini mixer for your pedal board that does so much more…
ON THE LEFT SIDE:
• Combo XLR/1/4″ input jack for either a mic or an instrument
• Three band EQ (TREBLE, MIDDLE, BASS)
• Clean Boost with central volume control
ON THE RIGHT SIDE
• 1/4″ Input jack
• Cornish-Style Buffer
• Soft touch switching that activates a MOSFET clean boost
•Volume control that is only active when boost is engaged
• Side accessible gain trimpot for boost
IN THE MIDDLE
•Mojo Mode switch sends guitar signal through 3-band EQ
• Both sides are mixed together and come out a mono 1/4″ jack.
• Uses standard center negative 9v power. • Very low current consumption, all analog circuitry
• Very small footprint ( 3.2″ x 2.7″)
• Top and bottom jacks so sides can be flush with other pedals
USES: • Play guitar and sing through single input amplifier • Use a balanced microphone through your effects pedals • Mix two instruments together • Use as three band EQ for your guitar • Clean boost/mild overdrive pedal for guitar • For live looping The ultimate pocket tone multi-tool!