LINKS FOR PROMOTION
1st London Synth & Pedal Expo
Official Flyers (jpg)
Synth & Pedal Expo
Facebook Posts to share
Synth & Pedal Expo
Instagram post to share
Synth & Pedal Expo
Paolo De Gregorio
VENUE ADDRESS (do not ship material there):
406-408 Long St,
London E2 8HG
8 am – 11.30 am Setup:
11.30 am: Doors Open
5.30pm: Doors Close
WHEN TO ARRIVE:
8.00 am: KMR Audio + Audio Distribution Group
8.30 am: Source Distribution + Regent Sounds+KORG
8.45 am: Focusrite + West Side + BOSS
9.00 am: Gamechanger + Rainger FX + Origin Effects + PRS Guitars
9.15 am: Pedal companies with a 6′ table (either row or “peninsula”)
9.30 am: Blicken Synths + Dreadbox + Joranalogue
10.00 am: All other companies (shared table space)
If you have limited gear, take a taxi / uber to the venue – it’s a lot easier.
If you are driving and don’t have one of the 4 slots reserved for the bigger distributors, be ready for a frustrating experience and:
- Come in 1/2 hour earlier than you planned, drop off your gear, and then look for parking in the area.
- If you use a paid parking garage, make sure it’s open on a Saturday – apparently, some are not.
If you don’t do AirBnb there’s this 3-star hotel that’s really close to the venue and has decent reviews.
*** CAREFUL! UK POWER VOLTAGE + SOCKETS! ***
US and EU companies should make sure they come to the show with the correct power voltage AND connections that work with UK AC sockets!
Voltage is at 240v (same as EU, but US companies will need a power adapter) but power plugs look like this. If you don’t have this kind of connector we won’t ba able to provide electricity to your gear.
—–WHAT WE NEED FROM ALL VENDORS—–
- Bring headphones for your setups
- Bring enough Power Strips for your needs
—–WHAT WE NEED FROM PEDAL VENDORS—–
- ***NEW!!*** YOU NEED TO BRING YOUR OWN AMP EMULATION DEVICE – make sure it has a headphones output.
- STUDIO HEADPHONES: At least one per board (we’ll provide headphones only for unmanned boards)
- PATCH + GUITAR CABLES: Please use your own audio cables to connect the pedals between themselves and also bring a SHORT guitar cable.
- POWER: Please connect all pedals to power adapters so that they are ready to be plugged in.
- PEDALS WITH SPECIAL POWER REQUIREMENTS: If you are sending one or more pedals that require their own PSU, please include the PSU in the shipment and place a sticker on the pedal saying “PSU included in box.” Place also a sticker on a PSU with your company’s name on it.
At our shows, if you wish, you can sell direct. If you don’t want to, you can sell through the participating stores. If you don’t know what stores are participating, ask Paolo.
—–PLEASE DO NOT SEND/BRING—–
- STUDIO MONITORS OR AMPS: Our events are strictly in the headphones – it helps with human interaction! You can only bring amp heads or combos if they are not wider than your board, but you’ll have to play them through the headphones.
- (If you have a shared table) HANGING BANNERS – we don’t have space for them, we recommend printing a cardboat A3 tabletop display with your logo and all the info about your pedals, and synth builders with their own table can bring one roll out banner per 6′ table.
- Vendors with a shared table space or a “row”-style plan need to stick with tabletop signage or tablecloths with the logo in front.
- Vendors with a “peninsula”-style plan can bring one popup banner per table not wider than 3 feet 91cm)
- Again, we can’t do hanging banners under any circumstances
—— IMPORTANT: LUNCH ——
In all likelihood, at lunchtime it will be too busy for you to venture out looking for a place to eat. We recommend either skipping lunch or bringing a sandwich.